Thursday, October 13, 2011

Increasing My Human Horse Power

Just for laughs! :-)
I remember many years back when I asked my husband if I could ride along for a pass on the drag strip. (I was  near 200 pounds at the time.) His reply was that every 100 pounds in the vehicle reduced horsepower by 15.  So my being in the vehicle would have dropped the horsepower by 30 points. :-(

Today, I'm thinking about my own, personal, HUMAN horse power.  How much energy do I have? Do I have the energy left at the end of the day to enjoy the time I spend with my family, playing in the engines of our vehicles, or even to work out?

There was a time when my answer to this question was NO!  I didn't have the energy (horsepower), my joints hurt, I was just DONE!  Today, that answer is a resounding YES!

Through a solid framework of nutrition, I have reduced the weight of my chassis (lost 55 pounds), I've improved the efficiency of my power plant (increased my muscle mass), and provided the high octane fuel needed to finish the race among the top 5!

Our clients see things in a similar fashion.  If you would like to give it a try, we'd love to provide you with a check point inspection, provide you with free membership*, and work with you for 60-90 days to evaluate your Human engine's needs to customize the plan right for your needs!

Michael Beard at Immokalee Regional Raceway


you've got the Drive, We've got the Vehicle!








The Healthy Grease Monkey is a project by Tess Brennan dedicated to writing useful blog posts for consumers about healthy weight loss & healthful living. Find out what it is really like to live a healthy life, by reading about our company. You’ll get the latest in healthy weight loss and health information, Grease Monkey Marketing promotes sound nutrition, ways to improve your success and a little bit of humor.


If you have topic ideas, feel free to request a story about the idea, after all, this site is just for you. You can subscribe to an email newsletter by visiting our Smart Grease Monkey website and entering your email in the subscription area on the right pane of the web page or by adding us to your reader by subscribing to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment