Monday, October 17, 2011

11 days left... Lets work on this!

Do me a favor, pay attention to prevention and reduce the need for events like these!

Well, my friend Julie & I have 11 days until the 3-day, 60 mile walk for Susan G Komen and Breast Cancer support!  We've each surpassed our $2300 minimum fund raising and are working toward our goals of $3,000 each.  I am thankful for this organization and what it has done to assist my mother in attaining care and my sister in attaining testing for Breast Cancer!

The training is almost over!  I'm working on the continuing blister problem on my heals.  Jim from church taught me how to re-lace my shoes so they fit better. Thank you, Jim.  Now they feel more secure without feeling like they are cutting off the circulation. :-)

My nutrition products arrived yesterday via UPS!  Love the men in the little brown suits.  I will be doing a lot of incline training in the next 10 days to prepare for the walk bridges over the interstates in the Tampa area, as my Achilles' heal and the fronts of my thighs have proven they would like some of this.

It is exciting to get to this point and know that the 10 months of training are about to pay off!

If you would like to assist me in reaching my $3,000 goal you may visit my fundraising site at http://the3day.org/goto/TessBrennan.

Otherwise, please pray for our safety and our bodies as we walk these 60 miles, AND PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE... make 1 change this month for the healthier!  Pay attention to prevention!

According to the CDC - nearly 65% of people are over weight or obese
American Heart Association - 80% of heart disease is preventable
American Cancer Society - believes 60% of cancers are diet & lifestyle preventable
American Diabetes Association - 90% of all type 2 diabetes are reversible.

MAKE A CHANGE! Get healthier!!  If you need some assistance contact us and allow us to work with you! We want to make a difference!


If you've got the drive, we've got the vehicle!

No comments:

Post a Comment